Droitwich Arts Network (DAN) ran events as part of the Droitwich Summer Festival for a number of years, and ran its first separate Arts Week in May 2016.
– To provide opportunities for all members of DAN to showcase their skills and work
– To engage the general public in a wide variety of artistic activities, increasing footfall in the town
– To enable members of the public to learn and experience a wide range of art forms
– To encourage all sections of the community to attend public events
– To generate a sense of social well-being, and pride in Droitwich and its rich heritage
– To break even financially.
– Events provided by DAN members, and totally under our control
– External artists and performers commissioned by DAN, paid or free, under our control
– Third party events that the organiser agrees to include in our programme. No cost and low risk to DAN.
Having said that we aim to break even financially there will be significant costs in commissioning artists and performers, and in promoting the festival via brochures, banners etc. Funding and sponsorship is essential.
We have formed a Planning Team. You can send ideas and comments to the team via the email address given below.
Timing & Duration
ArtsFest 2017 will start on Saturday 15th July 2017. It will continue for three weeks, ending on Saturday 5th August. Most events will be held on the weekends with a few mid-week events. Weekend themes are likely to be:
– 15th & 16th July – Music
– 22nd & 23rd July – Literature, Poetry, and Theatre
– 29th & 30th July – Droitwich in Pictures
– 5th August – Art in View.
Who are we?
Droitwich Spa ArtsFest is organised by Droitwich Arts Network (DAN). You can find more information about us at www.droitwichartsnetwork.org Droitwich Arts Network, started in 2010 to advocate and champion, all forms of art in Droitwich. This includes visual arts, performing arts, photography, media, written, music and crafts. The network provides opportunities for artists to display or perform their work, and for the public to participate in various projects.
Please contact us if you would like to participate in ArtsFest 2017, or if you are thinking of joining DAN.
Please email: email@example.com with any suggestions or requests for information.
Information as at 17 March 2017